"How can I apply?"
Patch readers have been anxious to know how they can secure a spot in Fort Monmouth's housing for themselves or someone they know displaced by the hurricane.
We posed that question to the Lt. Governor's office, the Fort Monmouth Economic Revitalization Authority and a local mayor. So far there isn't an answer.
In an email this morning, Oceanport Mayor Michael Mahon said, "This is a fluid situation and answers haven't been provided yet."
Mahon did provide an important detail for those who are out of their home.
"I suspect the list will develop from the FEMA applications. Residents need to make sure they have indicated they won't be in the home while repairs are made. That triggers a housing need," he said. "In addition, our local OEM was maintaining a sign up sheet at our relief center."
State Assemblyman Declan O'Scanlon said Monday night that the Department of Defense, the governor's office, Monmouth County Freeholders, FMERA and local officials are working to quickly provide longterm temporary housing at the fort for 400 to 600 people.
Inquiries to the Lt. Governor's office were forwarded to FMERA.
A FMERA rep said, "More details will be available as we move towards the housing being ready to accept people."
Click here to read more about long-term temporary housing being planned for displaced residents at Fort Monmouth.
We will continue to update this story as it develops.