The Fort Monmouth Economic Revitalization Authority (FMERA) has found a new home, and starting Wednesday, all its meetings will be held there.
FMERA set up shop in the former Fort Monmouth Library at 502 Brewer Avenue in Oceanport earlier this month.
The Aug. 21 meeting will be the first held at the new location after FMERA spent over a year having rotating meetings in Eatontown, Tinton Falls and Oceanport.
The meeting will be held at 7 p.m. and the agenda can be read here.
A public access plan for the new offices has been created by FMERA, the Army and the New Jersey State Police.
Visitors looking to attend the board meeting will have to enter Fort Monmouth through the main gate on the west side of Oceanport Avenue in Oceanport. They must stop at the booth to inform the guard that they are visiting the FMERA offices.
To attend FMERA’s monthly board meeting, visitors will also enter through Oceanport Avenue and stop at the guard booth.
The following is directions to the new FMERA office from Oceanport Avenue.
• Visitors will proceed west on Sherrill Avenue and then left onto Brewer Avenue.
• Sherrill Avenue will be barricaded beyond Brewer Avenue, forcing the left hand turn.
• The parking lot will be marked for FMERA Meeting Parking or a guard will direct the visitor into the parking area.
• When leaving the meeting, visitors will be directed to proceed south on Brewer Avenue, past the FMERA office and to turn left onto Saltzman Avenue. The road will be barricaded to force the left hand turn. Gosselin Avenue and Malterer Avenue will be barricaded as well.
• Visitors will then continue on Saltzman to the Main Gate and exit onto Oceanport Avenue.
FMERA is also warning visitors that there is a large population of deer on the Fort Monmouth property, so all visitors should drive with caution.