Hey there Oceanport families, with Halloween just around the corner, the PTO is launching a scarecrow contest for all residents.
Think you've got what it takes? Then get your creative juices flowing and construct a scarecrow in one of three categories:
- Most Patriotic
Here are the guideline:
- Entrance fee is $8.
- To enter fill out the backpack form by Sept. 28 or email Chrissie Brignola.
- Pick up your wood scarecrow cross from Oct. 4-Oct. 6 at Michele LaValle's house, 47 Shrewsbury Drive (across from Maple Place School).
- Display your scarecrow by Oct. 14 (judging will take place that week).
- Celebrity judges will be Oceanport Borough Council members.
- Winners will be announced at the Oceanport PTO Fall Festival on Oct. 20.
Your scarecrow will help make Oceanport a town where no crow dares to enter.
Good luck contestants!