- Fog, sun, repeat: Hey, guess what? The weather today is just going to be like yesterday's. And the day before that. The temperature's going to start to climb tomorrow, according to the National Weather Service, so that by Friday we might be looking at the near 80's. We'll need pedicures, at the very least.
- Bust a move: juniors, this is your moment for redemption. The didn't go very well for you and your efforts in collecting for the school-wide food drive have been lacking at best. But today, you need to text your parents to stop by to take advantage of the "Buy One, Get One Free" special to load up on your class's "Buc Club" and get back in the running for superior class in the Sandwich Wars. As of March 15, the junior class had purchased 90 sandwiches, which was ahead of the sophomores at 64 but behind the freshmen with 164 sandwiches sold and all far behind the seniors who are killing it with 393. Having a drivers license and disposable income may be the key to success in this competition. Juniors: text your moms right now.
- Broadway babies: I don't know why anyone remotely connected to the Shore Players would even consider doing anything other than attending the of the performing arts group at the high school this Saturday night. The reunion will feature over 25 performers from the past 50 years who will perform solos, duets, and ensemble and dance numbers from many Shore Regional past production. Look for notable alumni, too, like Broadway actor Brian O’Brien who is currently appearing on Broadway in Chicago, Jill Giacchi who played Elphaba in Universal Studio’s production of the hit musical WICKED and recording artist Cat Cosentino.
- Game on: senior class is hosting a students vs. faculty basketball game tonight at 6:30 to benefit the Kortney Rose Foundation.
- Dance competition: Looks like in the Two River area is really heating up . Yesterday, Kick in Fair Haven and Rumson was charging ahead of the pack but as of last night, Kathryn Barnett enthusiasts have come out swinging. Voting ends Friday morning so keep letting us know your top pick.
About this column: "5 Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column where we round up events, facts and information at a glance. Stay tuned every weekday for our five informative tidbits.