- The temperature shuffle: The sun comes back out this week beginning today with temperatures in the mid-40s. According to the National Weather Service, the thermometer will continue to rise over the next few days and reaching the 60s by Thursday. Welcome to March.
- Not so fast: Before we plunge into what lays ahead, let's look over our colective shoulder for a brief moment. One of finest, er, skunks, learned a terrible lesson on Saturday that is a cautionary tale for the borough's two-legged residents. to read the whole story and remember, Flower is back on the streets so keep your recyclables cleaned and contained.
- Batter up: If, like me, you have a garage filled with plastic tubs overflowing with bats, sticks, mitts, and pads -- all of indeterminate age and questionable sizing -- you can take heart that the third annual Little Silver Rec Rack is coming this weekend. You can gather all outgrown and unused equipment to drop off on Friday, March 9 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Little Silver . On Saturday, shop for your family's changing sporting goods needs. Families donating on Friday will receive a coupon good for 20 percent off their entire Rec Rack purchase. Proceeds from the sale benefit the LS Recreation Foundation.
- Number crunching: The Board of Education will introduce its tentative budget for the 2012-2013 year Monday at a special public workshop. The meeting starts at 7 p.m. in the Maple Place cafeteria.
- Freebie: Do you have a hard time passing up free stuff? You know, like the little samples they give you at Blue Mercury or the tasting carts on a Saturday at Costco? If you play it right, you can feed yourself and the whole family just by cruising the warehouse at lunchtime. So take note:
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something