- Windy, er, boroughs: Oh, good, you're still here. I was worried that yesterday's winds might have picked you up and blown you clear to, like, Eatontown or something. Friday looks to be the weather day we were kinda dreaming about for yesterday so just apply whatever I wrote yesterday to today. Except make it cooler, like 56 degrees. But without the crazy winds, I think we're all gonna be a lot happier. And our hair will look better, too.
- And the winner is: Okay, ladies, NOW I can ask you what you're wearing tonight to the PTO's We hear from some mom friends we made earlier this week (hi, Tara!) that some of the big gifts include Disney park passes and an iPad. Yes, that's right, an iPad. We're feeling lucky ...
- Straw poll: This is interesting, as of about 8:30 last night, on whether Church Lane in should be closed down to two-way traffic. The winner so far? The "yes" vote, with 28 in favor and 15 folks opposed to messing with the direction. Will be interesting to hear next weeks what the Traffic Safety members say about the suggestion. Stay tuned.
- Equipment swap: If you are looking for me some time tomorrow afternoon, safe to say you'll find me plowing through all of the sports equipment spilling out of my garage to bring over to the the at the I'd like to get back there early Saturday for the sale and get first dibs on new roller blades for my little guy and some bigger lacrosse stuff for him to wear this spring. So back off.
- Annie are you okay?: Looking for something to do this weekend? Why not check out the Shore Players' production of Annie Get Your Gun playing all weekend at ? Click here for all the details.
About this column: "5 Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column where we round up events, facts and information at a glance. Stay tuned every day for our five informative tidbits.