- Chillin' out: I don't know about you, but I was freezing all day yesterday following the balmy weather earlier in the week. I sat at my desk wrapped in a shawl like Grandma Moses all day in an attempt to stay warm. Today only looks slightly better. Temperatures will be a little warmer, say the mid-50s, but the National Weather Service is predicting showers and thunderstorm. I'll have to dig out my Snuggie to compensate.
- Feel the pain: moms, I feel your pain. You get past all those long weekends in January and February and get into the groove of five full days of school for a few weeks and then, boom, the kiddies are all yours tomorrow with another day off. I wish I could give you some great tips for what to do or where to go, but I've got nothing. The movies out stink -- The Lorax or John Carter if you're desperate -- and it's supposed to rain so running around at a playground is out of the question. Here's an idea: why don't you all go food shopping together and you'll be reminded on Monday of just how much you love school.
- Ode to teen angst: Creative Writing students will perform their own poetry in "Voices" tonight in the Commons at 7:00.
- Seeing green: Although I generally shun matching my wardrobe to the holiday du jour (no Christmas cardigans for me), I will be digging out my Patchiest green finery for the over at the on Saturday. The family-friendly event runs from 3 p.m. 10 p.m. and you can still get your tickets now online or pay an extra $10 at the door on Saturday.
- So blue: There's another installment of "Blue Devil News" this week. Anchors Dana Kelly and Jake Laurino report on the Shore Players' production of , AP exam money deadlines, the student-faculty basketball game next week and to remember to check the lost and found at the school for any missing items.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something