Week Ahead in Little Silver and Oceanport: Jan. 7-13
With the holidays behind us, it's time for spelling bees and just a few more reorganization meetings.
Monday, Jan. 7
- It's Day 6 for Little Silver students.
- The Little Silver Borough Council will reorganize at 7:30 p.m. Among the many items posted on the meeting's agenda are the swearing in of fire police, fire and EMS officers for 2013 and the election of council president. The mayor is also slated to make remarks and we can only wonder whether they will once again come in verse.
- The Warriors take on St. Catherine's at Markham Place.
Tuesday, Jan. 8
- The Oceanport Planning Board will hold its annual reorganization meeting at 7:30 p.m.
- It's time to start thinking about the annual Oceanport PTO gift auction, scheduled for April 12. First planning meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. at Maple Place. And hey, why not stay for the PTO meeting at 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Jan. 9
- The Lady Warriors play Fair Haven at home.
- The Warriors boys team are away at Knollwood in Fair Haven.
- RBR Education Foundation monthly meeting will be held on from 7:30pm in Room 140. All are welcome!
Thursday, Jan. 10
- The Oceanport Board of Education, which held a hotly contested election in the fall for three full-term seats, will swear in its new and returning members at the 7:30 p.m. reorganization meeting at Maple Place School.
- The Little Silver Planning Board will hold its first meeting of 2013 at 7 p.m. in borough hall.
Friday, Jan. 11
- Pull out your Warrior Wear, it's Little Silver Spirit Day today at Point Road School.
- The Spelling Bee for third and fourth graders is at Point Road.
- The Geography Bee will be held at Markham at 2 p.m.
- Teen Night, sponsored by the Little Silver PTO, will be held at Markham from 7 to 9 p.m.