Week Ahead in Little Silver and Oceanport: Jan. 28 to Feb. 3
School activities are in full swing this week.
Monday, Jan. 28
- The Little Silver Borough Council meets for a workshop meeting at 6:30 p.m. followed by a regular monthly meeting at 8 p.m.
- Markham's Eighth Grade Fruit Sale starts today.
Tuesday, Jan. 29
- Markham's Lady Warriors take on Rumson Country Day at home.
- The Warriors boys team plays at Rumson Country Day.
- Point Road third and fourth grade chorus members have practice after school.
Wednesday, Jan. 30
- The Oceanport PTO is looking for donations for its upcoming Night in Paris fundraiser slated for April 12 at The Palazzo Cultural Center in Ocean. Here's a few ideas:
- A gift certificate for a weekend at your winter home or time share.
- Donate your Starwood points.
- Local sports team memorabilia.
- Gift cards you won't use
- A designer bag you bought on clearance. (It's still got the tags, but it's just not your style.)
- Got season tickets to the theater or a sports team, donate tickets to a show or a game?
- Ask your company to donate a product or service in exchange for an ad in the event program.
Thursday, Jan. 31
- Applications for dog and cat licenses in Little Silver are due. According to the borough's Web site, if you no longer own a previously-licensed dog or cat, please call Borough Hall at 732-842-2400 and advise them so that it can be removed from the system.
- Registration for softball, lacrosse, baseball for Little Silver Recreation is due.
- Lady Warriors play at Tinton Falls.
- Markham's boys basketball team takes on Tinton Falls at home.
- In honor of Point Road's Family Fitness night later in the day, students are encouraged to wear workout clothes to school.
Friday, Feb. 1
- Markham's Got Talent, the middle school's annual talent show, is from 7-9 p.m.
- It's Super Bowl Friday and to celebrate, Point Road students can dress up and show their colors.
Saturday, Feb. 2
- Come join the Mayor and Council for "Oceanport Day" at 3 p.m. at the MAC at Monmouth University. Come see the Monmouth University Women's Basketball Team take on rival Bryant. Admission is FREE for Oceanport kids just $4 for Oceanport adults. Wear your Oceanport jersey and cheer the hometown Hawks in a critical Northeast Conference game!
- Is winter winding down or will it drag on another six weeks? The groundhog will chime in.