Oceanport, Little Silver announcements for Wednesday, Feb. 23
Winners announced for the Oceanport Random Acts of Beauty Awards.
- Shore Regional High School will host a Voices Coffeehouse tonight from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the front cafeteria. There’s a $5 admission price with regular coffee and snacks to be provided at no additional cost. Flavored coffees, tea, hot apple cider and hot chocolate will cost 50 cents per cup. Lost in Society, Stealing Jade, The Flying Nectarines, Robert Braga, Chloe Chalkani and Jackie Bell are all scheduled to perform.
- As the weather outside becomes slightly less frightful, the Oceanport Police Department would like to remind residents that they’ll be on the lookout for children who aren’t wearing helmets while riding bikes, rollerblading or skateboarding. New Jersey’s Bike Helmet Law recently changed, requiring those under the age of 17 to wear an approved helmet while cycling, roller-skating, in-line skating or skateboarding.
- The winners for the Oceanport Random Acts of Beauty awards are the Brummer Family, for using a cottage garden with impatients and mandevilla; the Wade family, decorating the porch and edges; and the Russo family, using impatients and mandevilla. The Borough of Oceanport would like to congratulate the winners and thank all those who participated.
- The Women’s Exchange in Little Silver is looking for new volunteers to work for the non-profit organization that sells the work of over 250 artisans. If you’d like to get involved, contact the shop at 732-741-1164, or stop by and speak with a manager.
- Little Silver will be entering a 9u travel Thunder team this spring. All 9u boys are invited to try out, as well as those outside of Little Silver who do not have a 9u travel team. Contact Steve Braun at Steve.Braun@mssb.com for more information.