Flu Activity 'Intense,' Local Pharmacies Offer Shots
Here's where to get an influenza vaccine, how to recognize symptoms and what to know about treatment if you get sick
Flu season is here, with activity considered "widespread" in 47 of 50 states.
New Jersey is seeing "intense" activity right now, while New York has declared a public health emergency after reported cases reached epidemic levels.
If you're considering getting a flu shot, here are some places locally that offer the vaccine:
- Walgreens, 531 Prospect Ave., Little Silver
- CVS, 510 Prospect Avenue, Little Silver
- Rite Aid, 140 Water St., Red Bank
- CVS Pharmacy, 200 Shrewsbury Plaza, Shrewsbury
- Stop & Shop Pharmacy, 850 Route 35, Middletown
- Rite Aid, 596 Shrewsbury Ave., Tinton Falls
- A&P, 990 Shrewsbury Ave., Eatontown
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers the following information: