Burglary Reported on Bridgwaters Drive in Oceanport
Residents say cash and jewelry was taken from their home on Oct. 21.
Oceanport police report the following arrests and incidents:
Sunday, Oct. 21
- A motor vehicle stop on Comanche Drive at 8:29 a.m. led to the arrest of the vehicle's passenger, Patrick J. O'Brien, 25, of Toms River, who was charged with contempt of court. Officers discovered active warrants out of Brielle and Tinton Falls Municipal Courts. He was placed under arrest, transported to police headquarters, processed and released after posting bail.
- A Bridgewaters Drive resident reported a burglary and said that cash and jewelry were missing. There were no signs of forced entry. This matter is under investigation by the Oceanport Detective Bureau.
Thursday, Oct. 18
- Police responded to a report that a lawn sign had been stolen from a Monmouth Boulevard residence. According to the police report, the resident wanted to report the missing Joe Kyrillos U.S. Senate sign in case it happened again.
Monday, Oct. 15
- A motor vehicle stop at 1:46 a.m. on Port Au Peck Avenue uncovered three outstanding warrants for the arrest of Wanda Davila, 51, of Long Branch. She was placed under arrest, transported to police headquarters, processed and released to Belmar Police Department.
- A motor vehicle stop on Port Au Peck Avenue led to the arrest of the vehicle's passenger, Christopher Vega, 21, of Long Branch. He was charged with possession of marijuana and using a false identity. Vega was transported to police headquarters, processed and released pending a court date.