The Foster's Belmar Pro surfing competition kicked off Thursday at 16th Avenue beach in Belmar and continues through Sunday.
The event features several heats including Jr. Pro, Womens Pro and Masters Pro, and will also include parties and live musical performances each night from local and regional favorites at area bars.
Musical acts scheduled to perform live on the beach during the competition and at various after-parties include Barry & The Penetrators, P-Dub Assassins and Paul Cilinski, according to the event's website.
Surfing concludes Sunday with an awards ceremony scheduled for 3:15 p.m.
Last weekend, the Belmar Pro held its amateur competition.
Here is the official schedule of events of this week's contest:
Friday, Sept. 14:
(Tides: Low: 12:30 p.m. / High: 6:45 p.m.)
- 8:00 a.m. -- Jr. Men Round of 64
- 1:20 a.m. -- Jr. Men Round of 32
- 4:00 p.m. -- End of Day
- 6:00 p.m. -- Party at Connolly Station, Main Street in Belmar; Happy Hour by Paul Cilinski
- 9:00 p.m. -- Karmic Juggernaut, Fast Claire
Saturday, Sept. 15:
(Tides: Low: 1:30pm / High: 7:18pm)
- 8:00 a.m. -- Mens Round of 32
- 9:20 a.m. -- Pro Jr Quarterfinals
- 10:00 a.m. -- Live Music begins; scheduled performers are Barry & The Penetrators, Bastard Suns, Fiction 20 Down, P-Dub Assassins
- 10:40 a.m. -- Longboard Round of 24
- 12:00 p.m. -- Longboard Quarterfinals
- 1:20 p.m. -- Womens Quarterfinals
- 2:20 p.m. -- Masters Round of 24
- 3:20 p.m. -- Masters Quarterfinals
- 9:00 p.m. -- Official Belmar Pro Party Sponsored by Fosters at 10th Ave Burrito, Belmar Plaza; Music by Bastard Suns, Barry & The Penetrators
Sunday, Sept. 16:
(Tides: Low: 2:15pm / High: 8:00pm)
- 8:00 a.m. -- Mens Quarterfinals
- 9:20 a.m. -- Mens/Womens Semi-Finals
- 10:00 a.m. -- Live Music begins; scheduled performers are Fast Claire, Karmic Juggernaut, Paul Cilinski & *Holme
- 10:00 a.m. -- Masters Semi-Finals
- 10:40 a.m. -- Longboard Semi-Finals
- 11:20 a.m. -- Pro Jr./Mens Semi-Finals
- 12:00 p.m. -- Mens Semi-Finals
- 1:00 p.m. -- Masters Finals
- 1:20 p.m. -- Longboard Finals
- 1:45 p.m. -- Pro Jr. Finals
- 2:10 p.m. -- Mens Finals
- 3:15 p.m. -- Awards Presentation