Roger Dalton, the husband of the 29-year old woman who was brutally stabbed 13 times by a knife-wielding assailant at a Bed Bath & Beyond in Middletown on January 17, said his wife is recovering slowly at home in Keansburg.
In an interview with Channel 7 news, Dalton shared new details about the attack on his wife Kerri Dalton, who had been shopping with their infant daughter when it happened.
"She didn't realize that she was being stabbed, because the first stab was in her neck," he told the ABC News TV reporter. "And this animal actually took her and held her up — just to make sure she didn't fall over, and stabbed her in the neck, and continued to stab her until she fell on the ground."
Dalton said that his wife called 911 on her own cellphone, and then called him to say she needed him.
Police arrested 19-year old Tyrik S. Haynes of Middletown and charged him with first degree attempted murder and other offenses. He is being held on $1,050,000 bail at the Monmouth County Correctional Facility.
Dalton, who last week issued a statement asking for privacy, told television reporters he was amazed by the outpouring of support from the community.
As of the evening of Jan. 29, donations by 331 people have raised $11,400 dollars for her expenses at www.HelpKerriDalton.org
The Little Silver-Oceanport Patch
See the full guide!
Valentine's Shopping Guide
See More on Patch
- Prince Harry Views Destruction, Walks The Boardwalk During Shore Visit
- Monmouth County Crime: Schools Admin Indicted, Guitar Teacher Arrested, Family Murder Plot
- Skin & Bones' Erica Melone Wants a Different Kind of Treatment
- Monmouth County Crime: Bodily Fluids, Abandoned Dog, Murder Charges
- West Long Branch Man Stabbed at Eatontown Mobile Park