5 Things You Need to Know Today: Tuesday, Feb. 28
A potpourri of events and useful information for folks living in Little Silver and Oceanport.
- We are rethinking yesterday's pronouncement that the all-seeing groundhog might be a candidate for MESNSA. While today's weather stays mild for the end of February, with sunny skies and the thermometer hitting 46 degrees, things get cold and wet come Wednesday and Thursday, according to the National Weather Service.
- Break out your maroon for Tuesday night's state boys basketball game as the Bucs take on the Rumson-Fair Have Bulldogs at RFH at 7 p.m.
- The Oceanport Board of Education will hold a special public workshop meeting tonight in the Maple Place School cafeteria at 7 p.m. to present the 2012-2013 budget to the Oceanport Borough Council. No action will take place at the meeting.
- Little Silver parents, do you wonder what your kids are doing in school all day when they come home talking about their work on Glogster or that they played Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? The 2012 Technology Showcase at Point Road tonight will shed a light on all the cool gadgets and gizmos that have infiltrated the classroom and make you want to call your old pal Barney Rubble and reminsce about the stone tablets you used to chisel together.
- It's not too late to start cleaning out your closets and crawl spaces to donate all those unused wedding gifts and old hand bags to the Red Bank Regional PTO Rummage Sale this weekend at the Little Silver Woman's Club. Gently used items can be dropped off on Friday, March 2 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and the sale is on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
About this column: "Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column where we round up events, facts and information at a glance. Stay tuned every day for our five informative tidbits.